Hey there, fellow business owner! If you’re anything like me, the word “sales” might give you a tiny shiver. We’ve all been on the receiving end of those pushy sales pitches that feel more like a trap than a genuine offer. But here’s the thing: sales don’t have to be that way. Let’s chat about some sales techniques that feel more like a friendly conversation than a high-pressure pitch.
1. It’s All About Genuine Connections
Why does this matter?
One of the sales techniques that never runs out of being outdated, is building genuine connections. Remember the last time you bought something from someone you genuinely liked? That’s the power of real connections. It’s not about selling; it’s about understanding and being understood.
- Throw a fun community event. Maybe a BBQ? Everyone loves free food!
- Handwritten notes? They’re old school, but man, do they leave an impression.
- Hop on social media and chat with folks. Not to sell, just to chat. The rest will follow.
2. Teach, Don’t Preach
What’s the vibe here?
People love learning. Give them something valuable, and they’ll come back for more.
Let’s get practical:
- Host a workshop. Heck, make it a party with snacks and music.
- Got knowledge? Share it in blogs or fun videos.
- Show your products in action. But keep it chill, no hard selling.
3. The Power of “Me Too!”
Why’s this a big deal?
Want more sales techniques? Here is one that also stands the test of time: We all look for reviews before buying, right? That’s social proof in action.
- Got happy customers? Showcase their stories.
- Encourage folks to share their experiences online. Maybe even run a fun contest?
- Collaborations with local influencers can be gold. Plus, it’s networking!
4. Limited-Time Magic
Why’s this a winner?
FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is real. But it’s not about pressuring; it’s about giving folks a nudge.
Give it a go:
- Flash sales are like mini-events. Make them fun!
- Early-bird specials can create a buzz.
- A surprise deal for your email subscribers? Why not!
5. The Buddy System
Why’s word-of-mouth still king?
Because personal recommendations are gold. It’s like your friend vouching for a cool diner.
Try these out:
- Referral discounts? Classic and effective.
- Recognize your top referrers. Maybe a “Customer of the Month” spotlight?
- Loyalty programs are like a virtual pat on the back.
6. Walk in Their Shoes
Why’s this crucial?
Because understanding someone’s journey helps you serve them better.
Here’s the game plan:
- Dive into analytics, but also trust your gut.
- A simple survey can reveal gold. Just ask, “Hey, how can we serve you better?”
- Tailored emails feel personal. It’s like getting a letter from a friend.
7. After-Sales Isn’t Afterthought
Why care post-sale?
Because that’s when the real relationship begins.
Here’s the playbook:
- Easy returns? It’s like saying, “We got your back.”
- Be there for them – chat, email, phone, smoke signals (okay, maybe not the last one).
- A simple “How’s it going?” can mean the world.
Some Food for Thought
Did you know? A HubSpot  study spilled the beans that 84% of B2B buyers kick things off with a referral. And here’s another tidbit: Nielsen  says 92% of us trust our friends and family’s recommendations over ads.
Alright, let’s land this plane. Sales isn’t about pushing; it’s about connecting. It’s about understanding. And most importantly, it’s about trust. So, let’s roll up our sleeves, be genuine, and make some magic happen.
 HubSpot: https://www.hubspot.com/
 Nielsen: https://www.nielsen.com/
Want an assessment of what you can do to increase your sales? Schedule a 15-minute Strategy Call for free today and let’s find out.