Hello, fellow small business owners! Are we perpetually attached to our phones? I get it. It feels like we’re constantly fielding calls left, right, and center. Wouldn’t it be great if we could refocus on what we love about our business instead of being a switchboard operator? That’s where our game-changer, the decision to outsource call center services, comes into play.
Phone Calls in Our Business: More Than Just Ring, Ring!
In our small businesses, we receive calls from everyone and their uncle: customers, suppliers, potential partners – you name it. Generally, these calls fall into three broad categories:
- Inbound calls: These include queries, requests, complaints, and even the occasional praise (my favorite kind, hands down).
- Outbound calls: Think sales pitches, follow-ups, customer surveys, and all that jazz.
- Internal calls: Yes, our team’s endless calls about meetings, updates, and decision-making.
The Tug of War: Our Business vs. Phone Calls
Does it sometimes feel like we’re chained to our phones? I’ve been there. We want to be hands-on, juggling all these calls while running our businesses. But there’s a danger here. By trying to do it all, we may:
- Overload ourselves: Our time is precious, and fielding calls can take away from strategic tasks that need our attention.
- Drop the ball on professionalism: We’re no call handling experts, and we might unintentionally give off an amateur vibe.
- Lose income opportunities: By you doing the job of forwarding information to the right place in your business or even worse translating information back and forth, you are hurting your own income. You spend time working on tasks that are way below your hourly rate. Do the work that holds the highest leverage for your business.
- Lose respect by business partners: If you do work that a receptionist should be doing, don’t be surprised when your clients start treating you like a team member or a translator over time. Adding a layer like a PA or VA instead of giving access to you directly makes clear that you are on eye-level with your business partner.
- Miss calls: Worst of all, important calls might fall through the cracks if we’re swamped with other duties. And in today’s world, response speed makes the difference between landing a deal or missing out on it.
The Lifeline: Alternatives to Tackling Calls Ourselves
Enter our hero: The decision to outsource call center services. But let’s not forget there are other sidekicks in our quest to better manage calls:
- Virtual receptionists: These folks handle calls remotely, adding a personal touch to the interaction.
- Auto attendants: Like automated switchboard operators, they route calls to the right person or department.
- Answering services: A simple solution, these services take messages when we’re out of pocket.
Unmasking the Hero: The Benefits of Outsourcing Call Center Services
Why outsource call center services? Here’s the lowdown:
- Expertise: These folks know their stuff. They have the skills, training, and tech to handle calls like pros.
- 24/7 availability: Even when we’re catching some z’s, they’re there to answer calls.
- Budget-friendly: Say goodbye to the cost of hiring, training, and managing an in-house team.
- Customer satisfaction boost: With a smooth customer service experience, we can expect customer loyalty to skyrocket.
The Twist: Unique Strategies When Outsourcing Call Center Services
Let’s get a little innovative when we outsource call center services:
- Multichannel support: Let’s go beyond phone calls and manage emails, chats, and social media interactions.
- Performance analytics: We can track call handling efficiency and make improvements as needed.
- Tailored solutions: Who wants a one-size-fits-all solution? Let’s look for a service that fits our unique needs.
Embarking on the Journey: Starting to Outsource Call Center Services
It sounds daunting, doesn’t it? Trust me, it isn’t. Here’s how we can kick-start the process:
- Understand our needs: We know our business best. So, let’s list down what we require from call center services.
- Research, research, research: Time to put on our detective hats and hunt for reputable companies that specialize in our industry.
- Reach out: Let’s get those proposals rolling in.
- Compare and choose: Aligning proposals with our needs, budget, and gut feelings can lead us to the right partner.
The Happy Ending: Winning with Outsourced Call Center Services
Small business owners, we are the heroes of our own stories. But every hero needs a sidekick. So, let’s consider if we should outsource call center services to support us in our journey. By doing so, we can focus on what we truly love about our business while ensuring top-notch customer service. Remember, an unanswered call might mean a missed opportunity. Let’s not let our business miss a beat. Start exploring the options and make the smart move today!
Outsourcing phone services is just 1 out of 100 tasks that small business owners should not be doing personally. You can request the free download of the full list here.